MAJOR ARTIST RESIDENCIES AND COMMISSIONS
This product is currently sold out.
Major artist residencies and commissions:
- 2019: 8-week artist residency at Sanskriti, Delhi, with solo exhibition “An Explosion in Colour”, conducting 3 art workshops on "Creating a Mandala Artwork".
- 2017: 6-week artist residency at Sanskriti, Delhi, with solo exhibition “Colours of India”, conducting art workshop for students from Artreach India, and inclusion of 2 artworks in the Artreach Festival.
- 2013-16: 3 artist residencies at Vytlacil, New York, totalling 5 months.
- 2008-9: Artist for the 2008 Essex Big Draw Project at Braintree District, Harlow and Saffron Walden Museums, leading to the creation of artworks at each museum. Part of the Essex-Jiangsu Festival.
- 2008: “Sin Fronteras”: Represented UK at the “First International Sculpture Symposium of Sculpture” in Cusco, Peru, creating a 350 cm high sculpture in Plaza San Blas, Cusco.
- 2007-9: “Art in Architecture” project at Abacus Primary School, leading to the creation of artworks for the new building, including steel sculpture and mosaics.
- 2007: West Hatch School, Chigwell, Essex – Community Arts Project leading to the creation of an artwork to celebrate their 50th anniversary.
- 2007-8: ‘Creativity For Life’ Creative Partnerships Project on Numeracy and Maths in Harlow – 30-day artist residency at Sheering Primary School, Essex.
- 2007: ArC Project on “Citizenship” with Firstsite – 10-day artist residency at Heathlands School.
- 2006-7: “Art in Architecture” project at Beckers Green Primary School, Braintree.
- 2003-09: Series of 25 art commissions for Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford, Essex.
- 2001: “Obelisk”. Sculpture for the International Art Symposium and Sculpture Trail at Kleinbreitenbach, Germany. Represented Essex and created sculpture for art trail.
- 1995-6: 2-year artist residency and “Art in Architecture” project at Southview School, Witham.
- 1995: Represented Essex at the Crafts Council project “Crossings” at the University of Essex, aimed at developing the interchange between visual arts, crafts and performing arts.
- 1993: “Arezzo, Antioch and Alexandria”. Installation in George Yard Shopping Centre, Braintree.